Early Television Stations
Stations RCZ (video) and VCSPS (audio) broadcast from Moscow from 1932 to 1937, and were probably the last mechanical station to leave the air. It broadcast a 30 line, 12,5 fps picture with a 4:3 aspect ratio. A 1937 booklet described building a scanning disk receiver for the station.
The following is from Volume 2 of the Television Society Journal 1935-1938, in article titled The Development of Television in the USSR by Dr Paul Shmakov:
At the present time 30 line television is transmitted on even dates from 2400 hours to 0100 hours, Moscow time, from the broadcsting station RCZ (wave length 1107 meters) with sound transmission from the station VCSPS (wave length 726 meters). The transmissions take place from the studio of the Moscow radio Centre of the People's Commissariat for Communication by the method of direct vision. The subjects of the transmissions are singers, lecturers, musicians, ballet dancers. The definition of the transmission has been increased until it is now of an extremely satisfactory quality.
Courtesy of George Lemaster
From the same publication, describing television transmission in 1932