Early Broadcast Equipment
RCA Remote Telecasting Vans
RCA introduced its first postwar mobile production van in 1948, the TJ-48. One was purchased by KDYL in Salt Lake City and later bought by WGSF in Newark, Ohio. Another was at WXYZ in Detroit, and is now being restored by Chuck Pharis. Pictures of remote vans made by other companies are here and at the Photog's Lounge site.